Full Membership criteria
Full Membership is open to any practising artist who supports the objectives of Artmap Argyll and who meet four or more of the following:
- Active involvement in professional development and visual arts practice
- Exhibition history, such as galleries, trade shows & museums
- Publications such as reviews, articles, catalogues or leaflets
- Art training – specify name of college, courses, dates, qualifications
- Related professional experience – such as any art teaching, arts consultancy, design and marketing experience
- List any relevant awards, scholarships or grants
- Works represented in public collections
The memberships committee can, at their discretion, approve artists for full membership if the portfolio of work submitted with an application demonstrates exceptional artistic merit.
Applicants for full membership please email or send the following information to the Membership Secretary:
- An artist’s Statement – max 100 words
- Recent C.V. to include training, exhibition history, professional experience, awards, and experience (maximum 2 pages A4)
- A minimum of 6 RECENT images with details of title, size, medium, date of each work or you can send links to your website or to website page referrals you may have.
The voluntary membership committee use the criteria guidelines above for decision-making reviews on applications for full artist membership. The Committee are normally busier in the period January to March each year as new Full Members prepare their profiles for the annual Open Studios event.
We aim to inform applicants of the committee’s decision within 28 days. If successful you will be sent an Artmap Argyll welcome pack and entered on Artmap Argyll’s full membership register.
Unsuccessful applicants will receive feedback and an invitation to continue as an associate member along with membership benefits.
Melanie Chmielewska – Artmap Argyll Membership Secretary – Email email@example.com
Tel 07864 573682