Full Membership criteria
Full Membership is open to any practising artist who supports the objectives of Artmap Argyll and who meet four or more of the following:
- Active involvement in professional development and visual arts practice
- Exhibition history, such as galleries, trade shows & museums
- Publications such as reviews, articles, catalogues or leaflets
- Art training – specify name of college, courses, dates, qualifications
- Related professional experience – such as any art teaching, arts consultancy, design and marketing experience
- List any relevant awards, scholarships or grants
- Works represented in public collections
Full Members are also able to take part in the annual Open Studio event. There is an additional fee for this that covers the cost of producing the directory and promotion for the event.
Applicants for full membership please email or send the following information to the Membership Secretary:
- An artist’s Statement – max 100 words
- Recent C.V. to include training, exhibition history, professional experience, awards, and experience up to 2 pages
- A minimum of 6 RECENT images with details of title, size, medium, date of each work or you can send links to your website or to website page referrals you may have.
- Completed details of application form (see below)
The voluntary membership committee use the criteria guidelines above for decision-making reviews on applications for full artist membership. The Committee normally meets once a year at the end of February. This allows time for new Full Members to prepare for the annual Open Studios event if they wish to take part.
We aim to inform applicants of the committee’s decision within 28 days. If successful you will be sent an Artmap Argyll welcome pack and entered on Artmap Argyll’s full membership register.
Unsuccessful applicants will receive feedback and an invitation to continue as an associate member along with membership benefits.
Melanie Chmielewska – Artmap Argyll Membership Secretary – Email email@example.com
Tel 07864 573682