1. About Artmap Argyll
Artmap Argyll was set up in 2006 by a group of artists and makers, who wanted to work together to create and promote visual arts in Argyll. We became a social enterprise and company limited by guarantee in 2014 (number SC471786).
2. When we collect data from you
Whenever Artmap Argyll collects information about you we will tell you at least:
- Who we are
- Why we are collecting your information
- What we will do with it
- If we will share it (and who we share it with)
- The legal basis for processing your information
We will always give you the opportunity to opt in or out of any future direct marketing from us when you provide us with your information and within in any additional contact you receive from us.
3. What information will we collect about you?
- Contact information (eg name, postal address, email address)
- Information about you as an artist (eg type of work, artistic field)
- Bank account details and other financial information
4. Why do we ask for this information?
We will ask for your contact details so that we can:
- respond to requests, enquiries and complaints received from you
- to contact you about services requested by you
- evaluate customer satisfaction and the success of any programmes we deliver
- to keep our records up-to-date for audit purposes
We will ask for financial information so that we can process payments from you or to you.
The legal basis for processing your information used by Artmap Argyll are:
- consent – for marketing and regular newsletters
- contract – for membership and any services provided by us for you, whether a fee is paid or not. This includes a non-exclusive licence to use images provided by you free of charge to help promote Artmap Argyll
- legal obligation – for records that are required to be kept by law, for example financial records
- legitimate interests – for essential processing by third parties to enable us to provides services to you. these partners include Zen Internet for our web hosting and e-mail, Stripe for processing credit card payments and Google Analytics for gathering statistics about web site usage.
Your information will normally be retained for 7 seven years after your last active contact with Artmap Argyll. Information in archived publications will be retained indefinitely.
You have the right to ask us to remove your data from our contact database.
5. Where we collect information about you
We will ask you to provide information for instance, when you contact us by telephone, if you submit a ‘contact us form’, enter a competition, attend an event, or complete a survey. If you ‘like’ or ‘follow’ any of our social media accounts (such as Facebook and Twitter) we will collect information about this (including any posts you ‘like’ or share). We will use this information to provide you with more personalised advertising and to understand how people are using the information we publish on social media. You can change your settings within your social media accounts to set how organisations can target advertising to you through them.
6. Sharing information about you
We sometimes use other companies and organisations (third parties) to process personal information for us. For example we use third parties to process credit card payments.
We share information, for analysis and reporting purposes, with bodies that provide funding to the Artmap Argyll or have an interest in our activities. This information is provided in aggregate form and does not enable the third party to identify who you are.
We will also share information about you when we are required to so by law or if we have your permission to do so.
7. Direct Marketing
Artmap Argyll will only send you direct marketing information if you have opted-in to receive this information when you provided your contact details, or when you have specifically asked us to send you direct marketing.
We may occasionally present a promotion that is sponsored by a third-party company or organisation. To qualify for entry, we may ask you to provide personal information – if we intend to share that information with the sponsors, we will make this clear.
You have the right to stop us using information about you for direct marketing purposes. You can do this at any time even if you previously consented to receive direct marketing. If you wish to change your marketing settings either select the link included in emails or contact us directly to let us know. We will change your setting as soon as we are able and at least within 28 days.
8. Access to your information
You have the right to access a copy of the personal information Artmap Argyll holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will ask for proof of your identity before we supply a copy of any personal information and may charge a £10.00 administration fee to process the request.
We use the Civic Cookie Control plugin to manage cookie permissions on our web site. We automatically block cookies (except necessary) until the user has given their consent.